A More Efficient, Effective Well-Being Program
Evaluate and offer more efficient and effective program alternatives.
A New England-based utility company outsourced the management and oversite of their onsite fitness centers and online well-being program to a third-party vendor for nearly $900k/year. The customer asked for Brown & Brown’s help to evaluate and offer more efficient and effective program alternatives.
Review the customer’s enrollment, engagement and outcomes data.
Brown & Brown reviewed the customer’s enrollment, engagement and outcomes data and:
- Determined that leveraging a more effective and innovative well-being solution and hiring an internal resource to oversee their well-being initiatives would help enhance their program
- Conducted an in-depth RFI, then RFP and finally implementation for a leading well-being platform while simultaneously hiring an internal well-being program manager and developing a formalized well-being strategy
- Worked closely with the customer to design a well-being program that is easy, timely and communicated effectively to not only their healthy population but also the more at-risk members
The customer saved over $400k/year by utilizing internal resources.
- Feedback has been both positive and appreciative. The new in-house well-being program manager has been a critical resource in getting key stakeholders to promote well-being—something that was previously a barrier
- One month after the launch of the new well-being platform, employee interaction with the platform was 95%, and program enrollment was at 20%. After one year, interaction with the platform leveled to 65%, well above the 45% benchmark
- After two years, employee enrollment is just shy of 30%, and 97% of participants are earning their incentives. In addition:
- 60% of high-risk, inactive employees are more active since joining
- 53% of high-risk, obese employees lost weight since joining
- The customer saved over $400k/year by utilizing internal resources rather than outsourcing while offering a platform that is exceedingly more robust than what was previously offered
DISCLAIMER: Brown & Brown, Inc. and all its affiliates, do not provide legal, regulatory or tax guidance, or advice. If legal advice counsel or representation is needed, the services of a legal professional should be sought. The information in this document is intended to provide a general overview of the topics and services contained herein. Brown & Brown, Inc. and all its affiliates, make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the document and undertakes no obligation to update or revise the document based upon new information or future changes.